Our Commitment To Privacy
Thank you for visiting joiya.life (the “Site”). Your privacy is very important to us at Joiya, and we are committed to protecting and safeguarding your privacy. It is our policy to keep your personal information confidential. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our homepages and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested. Please take a moment to read the following Policy to learn how we handle your personal information.
This Privacy Statement is to inform you about the types of information we might collect about you when you visit our Site, how we may use that information, whether we disclose it to anyone, and the choices you have regarding our use of, and your ability to correct, that information.
Joiya does not collect Personal Information about individuals who visit our site except when the information is specifically provided on a voluntary basis.
Who Are We
1. Joiya, Inc.
8000 Avalon Bouldevard, Suite 100
Alpharetta, GA 30009
Joiya UK Limited
London, W1W 8HF
2. You can contact us by emailing [email protected], in writing to the above address or by calling 800-955-4173.
Information We Collect From You
We will collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us.
The information we receive depends on what you do when you visit our site. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site https://joiya.life/ (our site), by registering as an Wellness Advisor or frequent user of our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. Joiya will not collect or retain any information about you personally (that is, your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address) unless you choose to provide it to us.
We may collect Personal Information (including name, address, telephone number, email address and, when necessary, credit card information) when you:
* Become a Joiya Wellness Advisor (“WA”)
* Place an order from our Website
* Return an item or make an exchange
* Inquire about our products and services
* Communicate with customer service
In addition, you may voluntarily provide Personal Information (such as name, address, email address, and telephone number) to be forwarded to a Joiya WA for the purpose of contacting you with details regarding the Joiya opportunity, including contact by email. In this case, we will keep a record of the contact, including the Personal Information, in your Joiya file. We use this information to provide better service in the event that you contact us again.
Information we collect about you.
If you visit our site to read or download information, we collect and store only the following information:
- The name of the domain from which you access the Internet, technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number. We use this information to measure the number of visitors to the different sections of our site and to help us make our site more useful to visitors.
Collection of Personal Information from or Through Social Media Sites.
When you interact with any Joiya website, page or account on a social media platform, such as Facebook, we may collect the personal information that you make available to us on that page or account including your account ID or “handle.” However, we will comply with the privacy policies of the corresponding social media platform and we will only collect and store such personal information that we are permitted to collect by these social media platforms. If you choose to link or login to your Joiya account with or through a social networking service, Joiya and that service may share certain information about you and your activities. We may also may share information about your activities, including what you view on the Sites, with that social network’s users.
Joiya Wellness Advisors (Wellness Advisor).
When you decide to become an authorized Joiya WA, or when you register to shop online as a customer, we will collect Personal Information (such as name, address, email address, and telephone number). This Personal Information is securely stored in your Joiya contact file. You will be assigned an identification number and you will select a password which will be necessary to gain entrance to the website and to access your Personal Information.
In the process of signing up as an Wellness Advisor, you expressly consented to our communicating with you about Joiya using the information you provided to us. You also attest that you have the legal authority over any telephone number you provide to us and can provide us with the authorization to contact you. This means we may contact you, in person or by recorded message, by e-mail, telephone and/or mobile telephone number (including use of automated dialing equipment), text (SMS) message, or any other means of communication that your wireless or other telecommunications device may be capable of receiving.
We may also collect non-personally identifiable information from you when you visit the Site (e.g., your IP address, browser type, domain name, etc.). This information is collected and analyzed in the aggregate in order to improve the function and content of the Site.
Use of Information
Personal Information will not be sold or otherwise transferred to unaffiliated third parties without the approval of the website user at the time of collection or prior to transfer. The user will have the opportunity to indicate whether he or she would like to “opt out” of receiving promotional and/or marketing information about other products, services and offerings from Joiya and/or any third parties. Further, notwithstanding any “opt out” of promotional information by the user, Joiya reserves the right to contact a customer or Wellness Advisor regarding account status, changes to the Wellness Advisor Agreement and other matters relevant to the underlying service and/or the information collected.
Information you give to us.
We will use this information:
- We use the information that is collected about you for a variety of purposes, such as confirming and fulfilling orders from you, referrals to service partners, adding you to our e-mail subscription list, providing your name to a Joiya Wellness Advisor in connection with potential interest in Joiya products or the business opportunity.
- We use the information to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
- We use the information to allow you to use, communicate and interact with others on our Site; and to allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities (Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information, so we suggest that you read these rules carefully).
- From time to time you may voluntarily provide Personal Information to complete questionnaires or to participate in contests, polls or personalized assessments. We use this information to improve our products and services. We may also use your Personal Information to provide you newsletters and other marketing information we think would be of particular interest to you concerning things such as new products or website features. But you always have the opportunity to let us know if you do not wish to receive unsolicited promotional materials from us, and we will make every reasonable effort to honor such requests.
Information we collect about you.
We will use this information:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes, and to improve our site;
- We also use the information in analyzing trends and statistics, enhancing the operation of the website to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so, and as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- To address your comments or inquiries.
Disclosure of Your Information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Other Joiya-affiliated entities and/or trusted business partners with whom we collaborate.
- Third party vendors we do not control, to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include delivering packages, fulfilling orders, e-mail administrative functions, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. These vendors will be bound by contract to use confidential data only for those purposes for which they are hired.
- Joiya may disclose Personal Information to a third party in the event that Joiya sells all or part of its assets to such third party or merges with or is acquired by the third party.
- Companies acting on our behalf, including companies that perform support services for us, such as data processors, technical systems consultants and programmers or companies that provide services and products to our WA’s
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
Except as stated above or when necessary to share your information with Joiya agents or business partners for the purposes of performing services for Joiya, your personal information (name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or other information) will not be provided to any third party without your prior consent. We have restricted our agents and business partners from using your personal information in any way other than to provide the services contracted for by Joiya.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
Cookies and Other Technologies
Pixel tags and other technologies: Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. However, in contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on website pages. We may use clear GIFs (also known as web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags) in connection with the Site to, among other things, track the activities of our Site visitors and compile statistics about Site usage and response rates. We and our third-party service providers also may use clear GIFs in HTML-formatted e-mail messages to help us track e-mail response rates, measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and identify when our e-mails are viewed or forwarded.
Site Analytics: Joiya may work with third-party service providers who use the technologies described in this section to conduct website analytics to help us track and understand how visitors use our Site.
Widgets, Applications and similar technologies. If you choose to utilize technology provided by us (such as a widget), any Personal Information or other information you make available through such technology may become available publicly, for example, through social media and other websites and platforms on which you may make the applicable technology available. In addition, some technology may have the capability to be distributed “virally” in other locations (for example, a friend or a customer of yours may post the widget that contains your information to his or her blog). Joiya is not responsible or liable for the collection, use or disclosure of Personal Information and/or other information that is made publicly available.
How we protect your personal data
It is our intent to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee or warrant complete security. We use a variety of current technologies and processes for protection of data.
We seek to protect your information from unauthorized access by taking the following steps: (i) Firewall protection – our site’s systems are protected 24 hours a day by a powerful firewall that blocks unauthorized entry. In order to gain access to authorized information, the web browser you are using must know the proper protocol, or language; (ii) Encryption – from the moment information leaves your computer to the time it enters our systems, all online access is encrypted. We employ some of the strongest forms of encryption commercially available for use on the internet today. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology; (iii) Password Protection – your site account is password protected; (iv) Log-off Protection – our system will automatically log you off from our site after 30 minutes of inactivity. This reduces the risk of others accessing your information from your unattended computer; (v). Limited Employee Access – We limit employee access to customer information to those who have a business reason to know this information. We also limit the information we provide to outside companies with whom we contract to only what they need to carry out their responsibilities.
Every user that has an account on the website is responsible for (i) keeping his or her account password confidential and secured, (ii) avoiding unauthorized access to his or her computer; and (iii) keeping the e-mail address associated with that account current (you acknowledge that it is important to keep the e-mail address associated with that account current because although you may be able to log into your Joiya account using an old e-mail address, you will not receive messages from Joiya about your orders and inquiries or other matters).
You shall be responsible for protecting the confidentiality of your password(s). You acknowledge that, although the Internet is often a secure environment, sometimes there are interruptions in service or events that are beyond our control, and Joiya shall not be responsible for any data lost while transmitting or receiving information on the Internet.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure or your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
You have the right to review, add to, and/or update the information you have provided to us, or you can choose to close your account at any time, in each case by contacting us by email at [email protected] Where we have obtained your consent for the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. If you decide to close your account, we will deactivate it, and delete your profile information and your reviews from view. We will send you an email to confirm your request. Remember that once your account is closed, you will no longer be able to login or access your personal information. You can however, open a new account by reregistering at any time.
We offer customers and Wellness Advisors the option to save information related to method and choice of payment on our website. If you save such payment details on Joiyanutrition.com, you will be able to add, delete, or modify that information at any time in your account settings.
In accordance with applicable law, you may also have the right of access, the right of rectification, the right to erasure, the right to restriction of processing, the right to data portability and the right to object. Please find below more details and information on how and when you may be able to exercise your rights. Where such rights exist, we will respond to your request within one month, but have the right to extend this period with two months.
In accordance with applicable law, you may have the following rights with regard to your personal data:
- The right to request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- The right to request to correct your data if they are inaccurate. You may also supplement any incomplete data we have, taking into account the purposes of the processing.
- The right to request deletion of your personal data if: your personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we collected or processed them; or you withdraw your consent if the processing of your personal data is based on consent and no other legal ground exists; or you object to the processing of your personal data and we do not have an overriding legitimate ground for processing; or your personal data is unlawfully processed; or your personal data has to be deleted for compliance with a legal obligation.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data. We will comply with your request, unless we have a compelling overriding legitimate interest for processing or we need to continue processing your personal data to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
- The right to restrict the processing of personal data, if:
(i) the accuracy of your personal data is contested by you, for the period in which we have to verify the accuracy of the personal data; or
(ii) the processing is unlawful and you oppose the deletion of your personal data and requests restriction; or
(iii) we no longer need your personal data for the purposes of processing, but your personal data is required by you for legal claims; or
(iv) you have objected to the processing, for the period in which we have to verify overriding legitimate grounds.
- The right to portability, specifically, the ability to receive your personal data in a format for which allows you to transfer such data from one firm to another
You can exercise your rights by filing a request by e-mail to [email protected]
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Third Party Websites
The Site may provide hyperlinks, which are highlighted words or pictures within a hypertext document that, when clicked, take you to another place within the document, to another document altogether, or to other web sites not controlled by Joiya. These hyperlinked web sites may contain privacy provisions that are different from those provided herein. Joiya is not responsible for the collection, use, or disclosure of information collected through these web sites or links, and we expressly disclaim any and all liability related to such collection, use, or disclosure.
Social Network and Interactive Tools
Certain features on our Site may give you an opportunity to interact with us and others. These may include blogs, message boards, messaging functionality, chat functionality, and creating community profiles. When you use these features, you should be aware that any information you submit, including your name, location and e-mail address, may be publicly available to others. We are not responsible for any information you choose to submit through these interactive features and we strongly discourage you from disclosing any sensitive Personal Information (such as health or credit card information) through these features. If you use these features, your Personal Information may remain on the Site even after you cease use of the Site.
Protection of Children’s Privacy
The Site is a general audience web site that is not specifically designed or targeted at children. If you are under 18, you may use the Site only with involvement of a parent or guardian. We abide by the requirements of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and other relevant laws. We do not knowingly collect, use or disseminate any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If, however, we become aware that personally identifiable information regarding a child under the age of 13 has been collected at the Site, we will delete such information from our records.
Special note for residents of California.
Your California Privacy Rights.
Under California Civil Code § 1798.83, we are required to disclose to consumers the following information upon written request: (1) the categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties within the prior year, if that information was subsequently used for marketing purposes; and (2) the names and addresses of all such third parties to whom such the personal information was disclosed. We hereby disclose that we have not disclosed any such personal information to a third party for direct marketing purposes regarding any California resident during the one-year period prior to the effective date of this Privacy and Information Security Policy. California residents seeking additional information on this requirement or our privacy practices in general may email Customer Support at [email protected] with the headline “PRIVACY REQUEST” in the message line. They may also send paper mail to Joiya, 8000 Avalon Boulevard, Suite 235, Alpharetta, GA 30009. Please write “Attention: PRIVACY” in the address.
How to Access or Correct Your Information
If you have any questions or complaints about the processing of your personal data by us, please contact us at [email protected] If you identify any inaccuracy in your personal information, or you need to make a change or would like to verify such information, please contact us so that we may update our records or you may go online to Joiya’s web site and update your own information where possible. Joiya contact information is also set forth below. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to accommodate all such requests.
Modifications to Policy
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us through our Customer Service.
8000 Avalon Boulevard, Suite 100
Alpharetta, GA 30009
Email: [email protected]
Joiya UK Limited
London, W1W 8HF
Email: [email protected]